Navigate New Zealand Safely With Certified Driver License Translation
If you have an overseas driver license that is not in English, or plan to replace your driver license with a New Zealand one, Harry Clark Translation can provide certified translation for this driver license that is recognized by New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA), so the visitor can use this translation for driving in New Zealand.
Our driver’s license translation states:
- that it’s a ‘true and an accurate translation of the original document’
- the date of the translation
- the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company
Our Drivers License Translations are:
- Fully certified
- Accepted by NZTA*
*However, we are not part of NZTA; so in case you have any questions regarding the requirements for driving in New Zealand, please contact them directly.
Why Do I need Drivers License Translations in New Zealand?
- You can rent a car/van from a car rental company, and to drive legally on New Zealand roads for 12 months.
- Your overseas driver licence converted into a New Zealand driver licence, to drive in New Zealand permanently.
- To use it for other legal purposes as an identification.
- To apply for a tax number in New Zealand.
Questions and Answers on our NZ Driver’s License Translation
- How much it cost?
It costs $45 for each driver’s license.
- How soon can I get my driver’s license translation?
– For European languages, it usually takes around ONE hour.
– For other languages, it takes up to 24 hours.
- How will you send me the translation?
You will get the translation in two ways:
- As a PDF by email.
- As a hard copy by post for FREE, or by tracked courier for extra $10.
- Is PDF format acceptable, or do I need the original translation?
Under NZTA regulations, you can use a PDF printout to both drive as a tourist and to transfer your license to a New Zealand license. However, other NZ government agencies may require the stamped and signed original translation.
- How will the translation look like?
The translation will be completed using the NZTA approved template and printed on the company’s letterhead, carrying NZTA logo, NZTA approval Number, with company stamp and signature. A copy of the original driver’s license will be certified and attached to the translation.
- How long can I drive in New Zealand for?
You can drive in New Zealand for a maximum of 12 months on an international or foreign driver’s license. Make sure to apply for the NZ driver’s license before the 12-month period is over, with a certified translation of your driver’s license.
- What else can I use the translation for?
As a certified translation, you can use your driver’s license translation for other purposes such as ID when opening an account in the bank, or when applying for IRD number, by utility companies when signing for a new phone or electricity.
Why choose us as a translation provider?
Harry Clark Translation is a New Zealand translation agency providing professional certified translation services for all kinds of documents in over 75 languages. Our translations are carried out by specialized native translators with at least 3 years of experience. We use the latest information technology for our project management (TMS) as well as memory management (CAT), in order to provide best human quality translation within the fastest time.
Harry Clark Certified Translation in Auckland is proud to offer a comprehensive, all-in-one service. We leave no stone unturned to cure your international headaches. We understand the challenges facing global businesses in today’s highly regulated and competitive marketplace and the importance of getting corporate communications right.